To be diagnosed with dementia, to experience a stroke or be diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease is one of the most challenging life events we can imagine. Daily life, supporting your loved one can be very demanding. Memory Nurture facilitators are committed to assist in lightening the load for you and your family.
We offer support by…
- Boosting self esteem, confidence and lifting your mood. Memory Nurture facilitators aim to improve confidence in abilities and the Ashby Memory Method is designed so that the participant is successful when doing cognitive exercises and activities. Support is offered by Memory Nurture Facilitators by providing activities enjoyed in the past or in learning new activities, as well as offering companionship and social interaction.
- Providing on-line training – this is available for family members and /or friends re the use of the Ashby Memory Method.
- Building confidence in abilities also assists with family interactions.
- Supporting daily activities such as shopping, appointments etc. Ask us what you need help with and we will see how we can support you.
- When life events and changes become too stressful, our staff professionally qualified in well- being and family support can assist you.
- Technology to be safe and to assist orientation, e.g. technology to alert you to when your loved one has walked out the front gate or door even when you are not at home. GPS tracking devices can instantly locate your loved one. Talking clocks and watches as well as many other memory aids are helpful.
- Personal care assistance such as showering, dressing and household activities are available in the Perth metro area as well as in the Rockingham /Mandurah area including short – term respite in the home as well as live- in is available, seven days a week including holidays. Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses are available where required for specific advice.
- Exercise through activities as well as general fitness.
- Massage for pain relief and relaxation, a number of our Facilitators are trained masseurs.
- Where pain is a particular problem for you or your family member, a program can be developed to help you and a physiotherapist is available for visits.
We know how important it is for you to feel comfortable with the Memory Nurture visitor, we keep in regular contact to make sure all is going well or whether you would like any changes. Rest assured all of our Facilitators have current Police Clearances.