What We Offer
Memory Nurture Therapists or Facilitators offer a range of activities and programmes for cognitive, social, physical, spiritual and leisure based stimulation and growth and to help the person with dementia and/or carer to help manage cognitive losses, (at any stage) associated behaviours and frustrations, and changes in lifestyle skills. We can assist in the following ways:
- The Ashby Memory Method [AMM] , a specific dementia intervention activity program
- Cognitive assessment to enabling choice of the most appropriate memory stimulation program or approach for each individual, according to individual needs.
- Assessment for depression and anxiety and apprise strategies to manage.
- Family and well being support.
- Opportunity to pursue past and present hobbies /activities at home.
- Support to go shopping, for appointments and other similar daily living tasks where assistance is required.
- Rehabilitation services where a person has a diagnosis of stroke or Parkinson’s disease.
- Technology advice, trialling, assessment and adaptation to aid independence and assist dementia care to assist dementia care and living at home.
- Pain management and massage.
- Reduced care giver stress through short term respite personal care in the home , live in, up to 7 days a week, and holiday care. We have and start with Registered Nurses and are available in the Perth area for specific nursing advice.
- Guest speaker programme for Community groups and organizations .
Memory Nurture programmes are offered at home or in Aged Care Facilities to enhance the quality of life of your loved one with dementia . Health Fund and Medicare rebates as well as DVA services for eligible GOLD card holders are available.
Please feel free to contact us for more information to find out how we can assist you and your loved one.